How are you feeling today? Write your emotion here.
Defining emotional intelligence:
The ability to sense, understand, and effectively apply the power and acumen of emotions to facilitate higher levels of collaboration and productivity.
- EQ vs. IQ – IQ is what we use to measure our intelligence. Everyone has a score and it ranges some higher, some lower. Average score of 100.
- EQ is very different than IQ.
- IQ is only responsible for about 10 to 25% of performance / productivity.
- 90% of the difference between average and superior performers is EQ
- Allows you to interact with others better.
- IQ doesn’t change much but the skills for raising EQ can be learned.
- You can learn the skills to raise your EQ. (Good judgments, decision making, etc.)
- It is how we make decisions and how / what we decide to do.
Is it clear or cloudy?
Understanding your EQ is similar to viewing water in a glass?
The ability to go from cloudy to clear is the essence of EQ.
EQ then affects your interaction with others.
If you would like more information regarding the programs and services that we provide related to this topic, please contact us at 610.454.1557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.